The Hogmanay Reel Night here at Carfraemill in the Scottish Borders is an event not to be missed! An evening of lively ceilidh, wonderful local food and great company. 2019 will be the 22nd year for this event and it has a reputation as one the best places to celebrate New Year's Eve in Scotland.
Dates & Times
Tuesday 31st December 2019
19:00 to 01:00
Arrival is 7 pm for 7.30 pm, and carriages are at 1 am.
What to Expect
Celebrations start at 7pm in Carfraemill’s oak-paneled Campbell Room with a glass of sparkling wine and canapés. This is followed by our delicious celebration buffet supper. After pudding and coffee, the Ian Lowthian Ceilidh band will provide music and dances for a lively night of Scottish reels.
Bring a whole table (or two!) of friends or come in a smaller group.
£80 per person, and £40 for children under 12 years.
To book, simply use the "book now" button on this page or otherwise please get in touch by email or phone.
Carfraemill is a venue, restaurant and hotel just north of Lauder and where the Scottish Borders meet the Lothians. It is just 40 minutes south of Edinburgh, and close to many Scottish Border towns including Melrose, Kelso, Galashiels, St Boswells, Duns, Lauder, Stow, Tweedbank and Greenlaw.
What To Wear
As it's Hogmanay (New Year's Eve), we find that most of our guests dress up either in kilts or evening wear. It's not a black tie affair for most people, but feel free to come in black tie if you wish! The most important thing is to wear shoes that you're happy to dance lots of reels and jigs in.
- Canapes and glass of prosecco on arrival (7pm for 7.30pm)
- Celebration carvery - beautiful local roasts and casseroles (see the menu for details)
- Dessert table - irresistible puddings to choose from (or have a taste of every one!)
- Reels and jigs with the Iain Lowthian Ceilidh Band (steps will be "called" before and during dances)
- Auld Lang Syne at midnight
- More reels and jigs until 1am